We were approached by Bar ‘n’ Bus, a Christian charity group that works with young people throughout Essex. They provide professional, community-based youth work including support services for those aged 10-19, aiming to build healthy relationships and improve home & school life.
Bar ‘n’ Bus came to us looking for a custom vehicle that will help them to take their services on the road and better engage with young people during their outreach sessions.
Speed of setup was critical for the team at Bar n Bus so it was also vital that the vehicle could be deployed quickly wherever it went,
To help achieve Bar ‘n’ Bus’ goals, we built a custom fully hydraulic quick set up 5,500kg mobile youth vehicle.
This was made using an 8.5 metre-long Fiat Ducato with a Neat body and alko tandem axle chassis. The first of its kind anywhere, the entire side of the vehicle expands out at the push of a button.
The vehicle was also built to set up twice as fast as our normal 5-ton expandable vehicles with fold-out windows.
See below for the extensive range of features we built into this trailer
- Fully automated jacking and leveling system
- Air suspension units to the rear axles
- Unique, first of its kind, slide-out side
- Flush, hydraulic lifting floor
- Windows which can fold back to form an open stage or open room
- Health and safety compliant drop in handrails
- On-board generator with 5 kva of power
- Custom-built furniture and cupboards
- Built in heating and air conditioning
- Sink, water system & fridge
- Built-in wifi
- Centre seat which stows vertically when in transit
Pictures of the vehicle can be seen below.
For more information regarding this project, or to find out how Neat Vehicles can help you with your next custom trailer, please don’t hesitate to contact our team either by phone at 0441623441114 or via our contact page, and we will be happy to help